Live the Language you’ve learned!
LIVE another language. EXPLORE its culture. MAKE a new friend.
Friendship Force International has an exclusive partnership with MyLanguageExchange.com, and it’s a great match.
On MyLanguageExchange.com, you can live your second language by communicating with a native speaker through online voice chats, text chats or email. Through person-to-person communication, you develop great skills and the confidence to speak up.
Those are great assets to take with you when you travel the world with Friendship Force. You’ll experience full cultural immersion by staying in a real home with a family that speaks your target language for one or two-weeks.
On MLE you “pay” for the time you spend in your target language with equal time in your native language. With Friendship Force, you “pay” for the time you live with a family and participate in the group activities in the target language by receiving someone in your home in your native language later.
It’s the home hospitality that makes Friendship Force programs a great opportunity. You’ll live with a family of native speakers and engage in real, ordinary conversation with them and their friends. They’ll show you the interesting features of their region, and you will participate fully in their life and culture.
Here are current Friendship Force travel programs which will interest people whose target languages are listed below:
• On Island Waters (Whidbey Island, Washington) June 6 to 12, 2016
• Calgary Stampede and Southern Alberta Heritage (Calgary, Medicine Hat, and Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada) June 26 to July 13, 2016
• Farm to Table: Culture and Cuisine (Des Moines, Iowa) August 15 to 22, 2016
• The Prairies to the Rockies (Edmonton, Jasper, Lake Louise, and Banff, Alberta, Canada) August 18 to 30, 2016
• Niagara Food and Wine (Niagara, Ontario, Canada) September 27 to October 4, 2016
• Crazy for Quilting (Cedar Rapids and Central Iowa) September 30 to October 9, 2016
• Tuxtla-Gutierrez and Filobobos, Mexico to Vina del Mar, Chile and Nor Peru, Peru (April 2016)
• Cali, Colombia to Mexico City, Mexico (June 2016)
• Guadeloupe: March 4 to 16, 2017 for 12 nights
- This exchange is for children in French immersion or French first language schools in Canada or elsewhere, aged 7-11. They must be accompanied by their own parent(s). Some siblings older or younger may be accommodated.
- Parents and children will be hosted by families who wish to speak English or those who only speak French. The children will attend French school most of the time with the child of the host family.
These don’t fit your schedule?
Find regular Friendship Force exchanges on the World of Friends Catalog.
You can also search the catalog for regions that speak your target language.
Can’t afford to travel?
Watch the Friendship Force list of exchanges to see when a group speaking your target language is coming to the city where you live and offer to host.
As a Friendship Force host, you and others in your community will welcome a group of culturally curious international visitors into your homes. Hosting is organized by local Friendship Force clubs. Find a club near you or contact us for more information about club membership.
Note: Friendship Force programs are designed for adults of at least working age or adults with children. We do not organize exchange programs for unaccompanied minors and adolescents.